12 Feb Why relocate to Spectrum Business Park
Spectrum Business Park is a fantastic and inspiring community of businesses with a mix of SMEs, corporates and start ups. Not only do we have a range of modern office space with beautiful sea views, we’re also a thriving and growing business park with companies such as Great Annual Savings, BE Group and County Durham Housing Group expanding here.
There’s so many reasons why you should join our community. To keep it nice and simple for you, we wanted to share our top reasons why you should move your business into one of our office spaces. So here they are…
1.Beautiful and modern office space
Our office space is flexible and fresh, giving you the opportunity to embrace efficient modern working practices. We know choosing your office space is as important as choosing your home. It’s where you and your team will spend most of your time.
We’re proud to say our office space and business park boast the following:
- Air conditioning and heating (controlled internally by you and your team)
- Modern, light space (our buildings are brand new – they’re modern, clean and full of natural light!). The floor to ceiling height is a generous 3 metres and there are minimal columns within the floorplates.
- Flexible layout – our offices have been designed so you can create the space that’s right for your business and if you move into our corporate office space you can invite our fit-out team in to design the right layout, style and atmosphere for you.
- System support – For larger businesses, there are generous external areas for siting backup generators or UPS units.
- Extras – Our buildings are energy efficient and cheap to run. We have on site shower facilities for those of you who enjoy biking to work or exercising during work time.
Whatever you need, we can accommodate you.
2. Leisure amenities
We know how important it is to be located in an area which has good leisure amenities to keep your workforce happy and energised. We’re located right by the town centre of Seaham and in-between two large retail centres – Byron Place and Dalton Park.
Over the past couple of years Seaham has seen astonishing growth, and more amenities are being built monthly. Our tenants enjoy wandering down to the Marina, grabbing lunch in the town centre and strolling around the surrounding retail complexes.
Below we’ve shared a few of our top attractions:
- Restaurants and cafes (including independent cafés such as The Lamp Room and chains such as Costa Coffee, Starbucks, Greggs and Subway)
- Seaham Hall Leisure centre (Seaham Hall has been voted the small hotel of the year 2016 and has a beautiful spa, bar, lounge area and restaurant to enjoy! One Direction even stayed there on their last Tour in the area.)
- Fitness centres and Gyms (Seaham Leisure centre, R S Fitness and Gym 55)
- Byron Place Shopping Centre (including Asda, Wilkinson, Argos and Costa Coffee)
- Dalton Park Outlet Centre (including fashion outlets, home outlets and cafes)
- Launching May 2016 – Cineworld (6 screen cinema), Frankie and Benny’s, Pizza Express and Morrison’s super store with petrol filling station)
These facilities are great for your team to enjoy and also great if you regularly entertain clients. The sea views from the cafés (and office space) are always impressive for new visitors!
3. Business amenities
We’ve a range of business amenities on our door step to support your needs…
- Local post office (and…for our tenants in Spectrum 7 who enjoy our serviced office space there’s also a daily postal collection too!)
- National banks to cash cheques and arrange appointments (Lloyds and Barclays)
- Stationary suppliers (there’s a range of shops to buy paper, pens, printer ink etc. from and we even have a local supplier, PittStop Stationers, who deliver right to your office door!)
- As well as the above, the park is full of businesses who provide recruitment and business and legal services too.
Our tenants find it extremely valuable to have access to these business amenities, for them, it means less time thinking of logistics and more time thinking strategically!
Here at Spectrum Business Park we don’t under estimate the importance of car parking spaces. We believe all our tenants should have the option to drive to work and park their car in a free, secure space whilst they’re at work. That’s why we have plenty of free and secure car parking space for you and your team to use.
Each building also has space to install bike stands to secure your bike whilst in the office.
We also have designated disabled spaces. If this is something you require, our developer, Paul Wellstead will ensure you have the right access.
Spectrum Business Park is home to a range of other businesses. We know how important it is for your business to network and build your connections – after all the most powerful marketing method is word-of-mouth.
We also know how important it is for your team to build friendships at work and be part of a bigger community. We have communal areas for people to interact and enjoy their lunch as well as annual Christmas parties and other opportunities to network.
The transport links are one of the top attractions here at Spectrum Business Park. We’re located less than two minutes away from the A19 and 15 minutes away from the A1. We’re at the heart of the A19 corridor with excellent access to Tees Valley, Sunderland, Durham and Newcastle Upon Tyne.
We’ve also fantastic public transport links…
- Seaham rail way station links to Sunderland, Newcastle and the Metro Centre
- Regular bus services, the X7, 202 and 60 run through Spectrum Business Park
- We’ve two airports within a 30 minute drive (Newcastle and Durham airport)
Public transport is so important for supporting your current team in travelling to work, and also attracting new talent. To find out more details about the transport links, click here. [http://spectrumbusinesspark.co.uk/north-east-spectrum-business-park/travel/]
Everyone here at Spectrum Business Park knows their Landlord, Paul Wellstead. Paul has played a big role in supporting the development of the local area and has a passion for this beautiful location
Paul knows each business has their own requirements, terms and needs and works with each business to provide flexible space which suits them. In understanding the plans and strategies of each tenant, he is able to assist with a pathway of sustainable growth into larger offices as your business expands.
Paul’s always happy to arrange a free tour of the business park. If it’s something you’re interested in, call him today on: 07946439970
There’s a range of local and regional support for business growth. One of our tenants BE Group offers a range of support, such as their ‘Let’s Grow’ regional growth funding programme for North East businesses.
EDBS, who look after our tenants in serviced office space in Spectrum 7, offer a range of support and business advice. They work closely with ERDF and always know the latest funding opportunities for North East businesses, such as funding in training or marketing.
Business Durham have always worked closely with Spectrum Business Park and supported tenants in growing their businesses. They offer support with developing your work force, from their connections with the National Apprenticeship Service to Generation North East, which offers employers a programme of support for young people.
9. Additional facilities
There’s always more support we can offer you to meet your business’s needs, such as:
- Conference facilities
- Meeting room hire
- Street food festivals
- Virtual office space
So, that’s our reasons why you should join Spectrum Business Park.
To see inside our office space and hear what some of our biggest tenants have to say, click here to watch our video.
If you want to get more of a visual feel of life here at Spectrum Business Park, we have three galleries full of photographs we would love you to take a look at.